Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Strawberry Fields Forever


When the strawberries are in blossom I know that delicious strawberries are right around the corner.  Every year in June, I participate in the Cedarburg Plein Air Paint Out in Cedarburg, WI.  The week of painting, culminates with the Strawberry Festival Weekend and art sale.  There is nothing like Wisconsin strawberries in June!  Go to www.cedarburgpleinair.com to follow the competition blog.

My subject for this still life had to be replaced several times during my painting session.  The studio spot light wilted my 'model's', the strawberry plants, leaves and blossoms.  I took the wilted plants back to the garden and re-planted them and then dug up a new fresh 'model'.  Hopefully, my strawberry fields (actually a garden) will be there forever. 

2 comments: