Friday, June 1, 2012

Hypnosis Dots

This week on The Daily Paint Works website, Carol Marine, sent out a challenge.  The challenge to all painters was to include dots somewhere, somehow in a new painting we would create this week.  It sounded like fun!
Besides I had been wanting to paint one of the water glasses that came with our cottage and the bird salt and pepper shakers that are part of my salt and pepper collection.  (My Grandmother, Minnie, collected salt and pepper shakers and now I do too.)
So I put out my paint and began painting.  Soon I was seeing dots before my eyes even where the dots did not exist.  To finish this painting I needed to rest my eyes from time to time from all those dots.  The dots were hypnotic.  I was so glad the challenge didn't include counting the dots or connecting them!

2 comments:

  1. This is indeed a really cute art piece. I really love the shades you choose. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. It was really fun to paint but all those polka-dots were crazy !

      Delete