Tuesday, June 26, 2012

WHO'S GUARDING THE HENHOUSE?

I just returned from the 2012 Cedarburg Plein Air Paint Out.  It was a hot week for painting in Cedarburg this year, since temperatures were in the high nineties everyday I painted.  The painting that I am posting today is a painting I did last year at the 2011 paint out.  The rule for The Cedarburg Plein Air Paint Out is to finish the entire painting in --- WELL ---  plein air or completely outside with no tweaking in the studio.  This painting just wasn't finished when the light changed, so I enhanced it in the studio a few weeks ago.  I offer it for sale now while I finish putting in a late garden instead of painting today.  

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Very domestic. I really like the art piece. Nice page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comments about my painting, 'Who's Guarding the Henhouse'. The owner of this chicken coop, if we can call it that, had in his employ two grounds keepers that took care of all the live stock on this gentlemen's farm. The chicken coop had 25 chickens and 10 geese. Just a beautiful place. I was so excited I was invited to paint on this farm in Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete