Wednesday, August 8, 2012

EGG HUT

To be invited onto someones property to paint is such an honor.  My fellow artist friend, Pamela Ruschman, had permission for us to paint at this farm.  The chickens, cats, ducks, sheep, rabbits and children kept us entertained as we painted.  This young farm couple raises most of their families food themselves and sell eggs to the buying public.  This painting features one of their (loud - he wanted my attention so I put him in the painting) roosters, quiet ducks, and the Egg Hut.  Many times I had to pause while painting when an egg buyer drove up, put their money in the jar (the honor system at it's finest) opened the refrigerator and took out the eggs they wanted to buy.  I am glad the process was fast since their car would block my view as they 'gathered' their eggs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment